Wednesday 29 July 2015

Here is my first attempt this year at persuasive writing

Dear Hekia Parata

RE: Holidays are way too short !!!!!!!

Holidays are too short!. In my opinion we should have three weeks and I know and believe that you will agree with me with these reason I have declared below.
On the first week we can have for sleeping in and staying up late and have the time of your life. The next week we can have friends,family,go and travel and go to the movies.Finally on the last week we can get everything ready like clothes,charging your chromebook and everything else. The holidays would be perfect BUT because we only have two weeks that means we have the one week to ourself but the next week you can't have fun with your family cause you need to get ready for school.

My next reason is the teachers while we go and relax and have hot cakes from Mcdonald's,the teacher have to do work. They have to do the walls,change how the class looks and choose what to do for next term and when they are done the holidays are G-O-N-E-gone! . I also once spotted Miss Simmons in Room three and she was dragging her sleeping bag and holding her pillows. she also had her toothbrush and toothpaste and had her PJs “ how horrible” I thought “ they don’t have a break at all!.

Lastly if you hurt yourself really bad you wouldn’t have any time to recover for example I broke my arm on the last week and I couldn’t do anything. I was command yes command to stay on the couch the whole time. so my holidays where boring and I also wasted all my time I was so upset that I cried till dinnertime so think about it would you rather waste your weekend or have three weeks , have time to recover and do everything?.


I strongly believe that holidays should be three weeks not two! I
hope and know you will agree with me.


Yours sincerely

Sarah Niven

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is very well written and persuasive. I laughed at your second reason about the teachers. You have used strong emotive language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mrs. Marks. A great first attempt at persuasive writing, Sarah. My star for you is I really like how you have elaborated on your reasons, and explained these with great detail. You have also used very effective persuasive language throughout your whole piece. My wish for you is to finish your writing with a stronger conclusion. Perhaps leave your audience with something to really think about?

    ReplyDelete