Wednesday 26 August 2015

The Race




Thump,thump,thump that was the noise that I heard from my nest “oh goodness me what was that!” I asked my brother,Sparrow and my sis,Robin “haven’t you heard... said Sparrow “ there’s a race!” finished Robin “ a race! why didn’t you tell me?” I asked” because…..”they couldn’t find a reason “ you didn’t want too”  I finished “we’re sorry Swallow we just wanted to enjoy it yourself” pleaded Robin Swallow didn’t listen she just stared outside the endless wall of twigs “what does it look like outside” I wonder. “ I’m going out” I tell my brother and sister before I know it my brother pushes me out, frighten and heart pumping i flap my wings with all my might I can see the grass stretching after me “ow” I tweet my brother had pushed me on the track! I heard thumps “ah oh” I tweeted as I saw kids streaming at me “ I need to do something” I muttered” and fast!” I look up Robin was staring at me , eyes filled with sadness “ she thinks i'm going to die”I think “ not today” I mutter and look everywhere “there” I tweeted happily there was this long piece of grass so long they wouldn’t see her but it was also long enough that she could get back into the nest with no trouble at all but too get there she had to fly if she hopped then the kids would hit her and probably,kill her she shuddered when she thought that. I got it” she tweet if she fast walked then she would not get hit then she heard the thumping coming closer and louder “here we go” I tweeted I fast hop on too the track “ I should've fly” I thought she was too late “woah ahh ohh” she tweeted when kids dodged her then her eyes filled with horror “ she’s heading stright for me!” I tweeted there was this young girl heading stright for Swallow! but Swallow wasn’t scared of her “ maybe she will help me” Swallow chirp excitedly as she saw the young girl slow down “ oh my what are you doing here you're supposed to be in your nest “ she said I was still frighten but her voice was so soothing and coaxing that I calm down “ don’t worry I’ll help you “ the girl who the others called her Sarah said she picked up Swallow and walked over to the tree “oh it's too high “ she whispered then she looked at me “ can you fly” she asked “ no” i tweet thinking she can hear me but she thinks i said yes “ ok try to fly up there. As I get ready testing my wings and keeping my eyes on the target “ ok go” Sarah said I flap as hard as i can my feet leave the ground “i’m getting closer” I tweet she was so close that she could see Robin and Sparrow suddenly she stop flapping falling hoping that Sarah would catch then she felt claws on her wings I look up on the right is Robin and on the left was Sporrow they had saved me then I realized “ you guys can fly!” I tweet “ we only just found out when trying to save you” chirped Robin as they placed me in the nest I was so happy to be home but there was one question I had.  “sparrow why did you push me out of the nest?” I asked “ because I thought if I pushed you out you would learn to fly but you didn’t we wanted to get you but we didn’t know how to fly im sorry swallow” sparrow said “ no we're sorry Swallow” Robin had said “its ok but lets not do that again. then on year by year I watch the race every year and see sarah who always stops to wave to us and we always chirp back I was loudest I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for her.


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment